Presales Engineer, Europe
The Presales Engineer takes a key role in assisting and guiding Regional Sales Teams and Data Rover Channel Partners in Europe with technical sales activities in new and existing opportunities.
The Presales Engineer is expected to work closely with our account managers, channel partners, and our engineering in ensuring the successful design, implementation, and follow-thru of Data Rover in medium to large business environments, either cross-vertical or vertical-specific.
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly. Demonstrate strong written, oral, and presentation skills with the ability to share and explain technical concepts to all professional audiences both non-technical managerial positions to technical decision-makers.
- The ability to understand and relate the differences and meeting points between a technical solution and a business objective.
- Ability to converse with/bring together and be the advisor to IT Infrastructure managers and CISO's in order to attain the optimum operational objective.
- Experience with Active Directory and related Directory Services. Knowledge of how they are used as well as management, monitoring, & security issues
- Experience with Windows/NAS File Servers.
- Experience in Exchange, SharePoint, Unix/Linux, & Office 365.
- Competence in applying best practices for managing permissions.
- Competence in risk and vulnerability assessment.
- Competence in infrastructure sizing and related management issues.
- Proficiency with installation, integration, & troubleshooting of server operating systems, middleware, storage systems and IT Infrastructure tools.
- Advanced time management and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to manage many different tasks and proactively.
- The ability to write and prepare technical documents.
- Preferred – BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology with additional education in the area of Information Security and Infrastructure management.
- National and international travel is required.
To perform this job successfully, the following competencies are required:
- Very strong sense of the importance of teamwork and the importance of ensuring objectives are understood and reached.
- The ability to coordinate and manage multiple contemporary situations.
- The ability to organise a schedule of events.
- Language: The prime language is English. Other languages are a plus.
Experience in working with, and ability to adapt to multi-ethnic/cultural environments.
Technical Skills: Able to assess own strengths and weaknesses; passion to build upon knowledge and ready to share expertise with others. Must be able to position Data Rover in the world market and understand what the clients are trying to achieve.
Customer/Partner Care: Able to manage and adapt to difficult and/or sensitive customer situations. Interacts with engineering and meets commitments; proactive as opposed to reactive and solicits customer/partner for response and feedback.
Able to adapt to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with complexities and client demands.
- Understand customer technical and business objectives/requirements.
- Deliver sales presentations and product demonstrations.
- Define together with the account manager and partner the appropriate solution and strategy for the clients' technical/business objectives.
- Manage all phases of product evaluations including installations, and responding to RFP’s and RFI’s.
- Ensuring the channel partners maintain technical competence and certification in Data Rover.
- Contribute in writing and updating Technical Business cases and Whitepapers.
- Where required, assist in the integration of Data Rover into the customers’ environment.
- Ensure that Data Rover's clients are properly serviced and maintained.